http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Tamara_small_09-e1462738807348.jpg 822 665 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2016-05-08 20:17:172016-05-09 14:54:21Recipe of the month
Tostados with chilli sauce
By May 8, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
This is a filling and nutritious snack that can be done in no time with the right ingredients
- 4 soft tortillas
- 190 grams garden peas can use defrosted peas, just as tasty
- 4 tbsp Clover Preserves chilli sauce ADJIKA can replace with available chilli sauce in the house
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 2 whole avocados skinned and mashed
- 2 sprigs of spring garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds toasted
- 5-6 mint leaves chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Bake the tortillas for 5-8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile cook the peas in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and cool.
- to make the dressing, mix the Adjika sauce, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Skin the avocado, cut in half and remove the stone. Mash each half roughly with a fork and spread onto every tortilla. Scatter over the peas, garlic and cumin seeds.
- Drizzle over the dressing, scatter withe mint leaves and serve.
- For a vegetarian option, add some eta cheese, together with the peas and sliced garlic.