Sat12Aug201710am-4pmWalled Garden, Hardwick Estate, Whitchurch-on-Thames, Reading, RG8 7RA
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at beginner or more experienced gardeners who wish to develop their skills in organic, sustainable gardening techniques and want to harvests crops continually through the seasons.
What will you learn?
This workshop will take you through the basics, deal with your queries and build your confidence to keep your veg plot productive through the colder months.
- Choosing your growing system
- Planning your sowing schedule & selecting varieties for winter cropping
- How to sow, grow and harvest for the best results
- Soil preparation & management – including fertility-building and rotation
- Propagation media, materials and techniques
You will sow your own salad seedlings to grow on at home.
What will you need for the workshop?
A loose-leaf notebook for notes and handouts, pen, sturdy shoes, all weather gear and/or sun protection for outdoor practical session. Cost: £70 – includes a home grown, vegetarian lunch and a take-home tray of winter salad sowings. To sign up, please Contact Us
Mon04Sep201710AM - 5.30PMTOLHURST ORGANIC
Everything about woodchip compost: from the pile of raw woodchip to using it as propagation substrates.
Price £35/person+VAT, including wholesome organic vegetarian or vegan lunch.
To sign up*, please send an email
- places may not be available, depending on client's group size, please enquire