http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/P.5.2.-crumble-2-e1525369032164.jpg 467 700 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2018-05-03 17:37:452018-05-04 20:19:09The Hungry Gap recipe
Read our article about the Hungry Gap here
By May 3, 2018Published:
Make this seasonal dessert vegan by using organic vegetable spread. It will be just as tasty.
- 900 gram rhubarb cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons black currant jam can use any other favourite preserve
- 150 gram brown sugar
- 100 gram wholemeal flour
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 100 grams butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6. Place the prepared rhubarb in a large shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle the jam and part of the brown sugar over the top.
- To make the crumble, whizz all ingredients together in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Scatter the crumble over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until crisp and golden on the top. The juices from the fruit will bubble through the crumble crust. Serve with yoghurt or cream. I love almond vegan yoghurt with it!