Our fruit customers have been enjoying seasonal pomegranate, sometimes unsure how to use it. Try it in this winter salad, or use them in comforting tagines and cous-cous salads.
Winter Pomegranate Salad Recipe
By February 14, 2018Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Our fruit customers have been enjoying seasonal pomegranate, sometimes unsure how to use it. Try it in this winter salad, or use them …
- 1 whole onion sliced thinly
- 1 tsp brown sugar or Maple sirup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 50 grams hazelnuts, chopped or flaked almonds
- 1 slice wholemeal bread torn into pieces
- 150 grams salad mix
- 1 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 whole pomegranate seeds apart
- Mix the sliced onion with the sugar or Maple syrup if using, salt and lemon juice. Leave for a while to marinate, about 30 minutes
- Toast slightly the hazelnuts or almonds if using. Leave to cool.
- In a salad bowl mix the greens, bread pieces, toasted nuts, marinated onions and pomegranate seeds. For a vegetarian option, add cubes of Feta cheese.
- Season to taste and add some olive oil before serving.
- Course: Salad