http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/fullsizeoutput_864-e1515089315947.jpeg 450 600 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2018-01-04 18:08:572018-01-04 18:12:59Recipe of the month
inspired by Waitrose
Leek & Potato Lattice Tart
By January 4, 2018Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Serve this tart with steamed Kalettes and roast squash.
- 2 tbsp favourite cooking oil
- 400 grams leeks thinly sliced
- 300 grams potatoes peeled and cubed
- 500 grams shortcrust pastry can use vegan options
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 1 egg optional
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- Heat the oil and cook the leeks with thyme for 5-10 minutes until softened
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes until just tender, then drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the soften leeks and thyme.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry sheet to the thickness of 3mm. Cut out 12 strips, to make the lattice later.
- Transfer the sheet into a baking tray (round or square) leaving a narrow border. Spread with mustard and fill with the leek and potato mix. Brush the borders with egg (or water if vegan) and arrange the pastry strips on the top. If using egg, brush the lattice strips.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden colour and serve hot.