I have been waiting for six months to prepare this recipe. You know, when culinary magazines give you nice ideas, but completely out of season. So, I have been waiting since February, when our tomatoes were sown, until now, when they are at their possible best! Ripen, red and sweet!
Cherry tomato salad Recipe
By August 6, 2017Published:
This salad is bursting with fresh flavours and is really easy to make, as inspired by Waitrose.
- 1 whole avocado peeled and sliced
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes preferably on the vine
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2-3 fresh bay leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil try Greek
- 125 grams Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 tbsp Pine nuts toasted
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 6 whole basil leaves torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C, gas mark 7.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish, scatter the bay leaves, garlic and olive oil. Season with a little bit of salt and black pepper.
- In the meantime, arrange the mozzarella and avocado slices on a serving plate. Scatter with balsamic vinegar.
- Spoon the hot tomatoes and the juice in the middle.
- Scatter the pine nuts, basil leaves and season to taste.
- Serve with your favourite bread.