http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Strawberry-Pie.jpg 507 760 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2017-06-13 14:49:392017-06-13 16:46:28Strawberry Pie
Source All Recipes
By June 13, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 tart
We made this dessert for last years Strawberry Vintage Fayre. It was very popular with punters. and you can add whipped cream for an extra flavour. For a vegan version, choose dairy-free pastry and omit the cream.
- 1 9-inch pie crust can make your own from shortcrust pastry
- 500 grams fresh strawberries whole, preferably even sizes
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 3 table spoons cornflour
- 160 ml water
- 100 grams whipped cream optional
- Arrange half of the strawberries in the pastry shell.
- Mash the remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornflour and water. Gradually stir the cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot mixture into the pie shell. Chill for several hours, then serve with whipped cream, if using.