By January 3, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
January is here with its chilly long nights and frosty mornings. January blues are often accompanied by colds. Try catch them early, when you notice the first signs, and kill them with this extremely nutritious and healing soup, using local seasonal veg.
- 4 whole shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 handful Kale Kavolo Nero
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 200 grams silky Tofu cubed
- 100 grams bean sprouts rinsed
- 1.5 litres vegetable boulllion hot
- flaky sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 spoonfulls lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 spoonfulls olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 root fresh ginger finely grated
- 100 grams Chestnut mushrooms sliced
- In a large soup pan fry gently the shallots, ginger and garlic, until just translucent.
- Add the chopped kale, mushrooms and bean sprouts and mix well.
- Pour over the bouillon and cook for 3-4 minutes for the crisp Kale to soften a bit.
- Add the Tofu cubes, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, lemon juice and bring to boil. Switch the cooker off and serve the soup piping hot.