We are going to remember 2016 as the year of beetroot. We have so much of it, of such high quality, we can juice you up till spring. If you know of a genuine organic juice producer who may benefit from our beetroot, please let us know!
Photos by Eva Nemeth
Cream of baked beetroot with green pesto
By September 27, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
Baked beetroot keeps all the good vitamins and micro elements, which are often lost during boiling. I borrowed the recipe from Deliciously Ella, but adjusted it a bit to my personal kitchen.
- 900 grams beetroot
- 70 grams basil leaves chopped
- 40 grams pumpkin seeds toasted
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced up
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper to taste
- 1 litre vegetable stock cooled
- Bake the beetroot in the oven until very soft
- To make the pesto, blend together the basil leaves, pumpkin seeds, oil, lemon juice and black pepper. Season to taste and keep in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Peel the baked beetroot and place in a blender with the vegetable stock and ground cumin. Blend until you get the creamy texture. Heat up before serving and serve it with the green pesto on sourdough bread.
- Course: Soup