http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_4286.jpg 2448 3264 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2016-01-28 15:46:452016-02-01 12:39:20Recipe of the month
Asian style soup with Kale
By January 28, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
I made this soup when my husband was suffering from a winter cold. All ingredients seemed to have worked together to make him feel better.
- 1 bunch spring onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cm ginger root peeled and finely grated
- 100 grams silky Tofu cubed
- 100 grams Chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 100 grams bean sprouts rinsed
- 100 grams Kale chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf Parsely chopped
- 1 liter vegetable stock hot
- 1 table spoon Soy sauce light
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 table spoons Sun flower oil
- In a cooking pot sauté lightly the spring onions, with the garlic and ginger. Sprinkle with soy sauce then add the vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the rest of ingredients, apart from Tofu and parsley. Let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Tofu cubes, parsley and switch off the heat. Keep covered for 5 minutes to let all flavours blend.
- Serve in deep bowls, adding more soy sauce and black pepper to taste. Enjoy as hot as you can, for a better effect on your winter cold.