Squash & Pumpkin Festival Competition
This is our 2015 King Pumpkin! GUESS THE WEIGHT and get free access to the Squash & Pumpkin Festival on Sunday 4 October + for 5 more entry vouchers for family and friends*. To enter the competition:
1. Go to our FB page Tolhurst Organic
2. Find the competition post and SHARE it AND guess the weight, in Lbs or Kg.
2. Challenge three FB friends to enter the competition.
The results will be announced on Saturday, 3 October. Good luck!
* Entry vouchers can be passed on to friends, but no cash substitution may be offered.
Pumpkin Puff Pastry
By September 26, 2015Published:
This is a Moldovan recipe, where it is called "placinte cu bostan" and the only ingredient added to the pumpkin is a bit of sugar.
- 1 pack Puff pastry ready rolled even professional chefs buy their pastry, so don't feel shy about it
- 0.5 kg pumpkin flesh, skin and seeds removed Jack-o-lantern pumpkins will be just fine
- 100 grams caster sugar
- Grate the pumpkin flesh and do not fuss much about it as it will start dripping water everywhere.
- Spread one of the two pastry sheets, then spread a good layer of grated pumpkin (half), leaving the edges clear and dry
- Sprinkle half of the sugar and roll the sheet to make a tight roll. Seal the edges by pressing lightly with your fingertips. Put on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make several whole with a fork, to let the steam get out. Repeat the same with the second sheet of pastry.
- Bake in a hot oven of 250 degrees C for 45-50 minutes. Cut into pieces and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve hot, with creme fraiche or leave to cool and serve cold. Just as tasty.