http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/COURGETTE-PASTIES.jpg 4027 2848 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2015-07-24 16:28:472015-07-24 16:31:44Recipe of the month
By July 24, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 (8 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
Use the courgettes to make a different type of dish, away from the usual stir-fry. A recipe inspired by the Summer booklet of Waitrose
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 sweet pepper deseeded and chopped
- 2 courgettes cut into cubes
- 3 medium tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 400 grames chickpeas cooked and drained
- 2 tbsm Tahini paste can be replaced by nut butter
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg beaten, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic, then add the pepper, courgettes and tomatoes and cook until juices evaporate
- Stir in the chickpeas and Tahini paste and take off the heat. Let aside to cool.
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half from corner to corner to make 4 triangles, 8 in total. Put a large spoonfull of the mixture onto every triangle. Brush the edges with the beaten egg and fold over the pastry to cover the filling. Pinch the edges to seal the pasties.
- Brush with the rest of the beaten egg and bake in the hot oven for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot or cold, with a green salad.
- Skill Level: Moderate