http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/IMG_3058.jpg 2848 4272 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2015-07-12 17:58:022015-07-12 18:18:18Recipe of the month
Courgette Baba Ganoush
By July 12, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
In a climate where aubergines do not hold much chance for production, courgettes are brilliant in replacing them for this classic middle eastern recipe. Adjusted from Waitrose Summer booklet.
- 6 whole courgettes rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons Tahini paste
- 100 grams Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika spicy
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds toasted
- Grill whole courgettes, or cook them on the BBQ until charred. Leave to cool, then put in a sieve to let the liquid drain, for 10 minutes
- Mix all ingredients, but oil, paprika and cumins seeds. Use a blender or a fork, for a richer texture. Put in a bowl.
- Infuse the olive oil with paprika, then drizzle of the baba ganoush.
- Sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds and serve with bread or with raw carrots, cucumbers, kohlrabi and celery sticks.