http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/granita.jpg 721 480 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2015-05-08 15:19:002015-05-08 15:20:24Recipe of the month: Strawberry Granita
By May 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
The double crystals of granita set it aside from ice cream and sorbets. Looking forward to that hot summer days, to enjoy this cool dessert.
- 2 whole oranges juiced up, peel grated and kept
- 50 grams sugar
- 400 grams strawberries stalks removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 splash Vodka optional
- Heat up the orange juice, together with the sugar and orange peel until sugar dissolves completely. Let to cool.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor. Alternatively, use a fork.
- Mix the strawberry puree with the cold syrup and lemon juice. Put in a container and set to freeze for 2 hours.
- Break the frozen mix with a fork, put in serving bowls and then set to freeze again, for another hour.
- Before serving, break the granita with a form and sprinkle with a few drops of Vodka (optional)