http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_26621.jpg 768 911 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2015-03-31 18:59:142015-03-31 18:59:14Recipe of the month
Roasted cauliflower and dhal pilaff
By March 31, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
A warming wholesome dish, low in fat. It makes a lovely vegetarian supper.
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds can be ground
- 1 whole lemon zest and juice
- 2 spoons sunflower oil
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 2 table spoons curry paste can be powder
- 150 grams red lentils rinsed
- 1.2 liters vegetable stock
- 300 grams rice long grain
- coriander or parsley leaves to serve
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and halved
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6.
- Place the cauliflower, carrots and garlic in a baking tray.
- Mix turmeric, half of the oil, lemn zest and juice, cumin seeds in a small bawl and sprinkle over the vegetables, tossing gently. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a large sauce pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the curry paste or powder, lentils, rice and stock, bring to boil and cook for 20 minutes on very low heat. Leave for set for 20 minutes.
- Serve the dhal pilaff into bowls and top with the roasted cauliflower. Scatter over the coriander or parsley leaves.