http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_2862.jpg 2848 4272 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2015-02-15 21:09:062015-02-15 21:09:06Recipe of the month
By February 15, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 1hr15 min
- Ready In: 21 mins
It is winter and our squashes have fares wonderfully, providing you with flavour, colour, comfort and good nutrition. I used my CLOVER PRESERVES Classic Tomato Sauce and the rezult was brilliant!
- 1 kg Squash Butternut, Uchiki Kuri or Black Futsu
- 3 tb sp olive oil
- 1 jar of 35g Classic Tomato Sauce from Tolhurst Organic
- 250 grams Cheese sauce Can be replaced with vegan option
- 6 sheets lasagna dried
- 25 grams Parmigiano Reggiano can be replaced with ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, gas mark 4. Peel the squash then cut in half, discard the seeds and cut into small cubes of 1 cm
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the squash and fry gently, stirring frequently, until the squash begins to soften. Add the tomato sauce and heat up.
- Spoon a quarter of the squash mixture into a shallow baking dish. Cover with 2 lasagna sheets.
- Top the lasagna sheets with a quarter of the mixture, add half of the white sauce, and top with two more lasagna sheets, preferably - oriented in a different direction. Repeat step 3. Spoon the rest of the squash mixture, add the remaining cheese/vegan sauce and bake in the hot oven for 45-450 minutes until the top is golden and bubbling.
- Scatter with Parmigiano Reggiano or with ground almonds nd serve hot, with a green salad.