http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/squash-dumplings.jpg 525 350 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2015-01-01 18:50:592015-01-01 18:50:59Recipe of the month
Gratin with squash dumplings
By January 1, 2015Published:
Make the dumplings beforehand and freeze them in small batches, for quick and comforting suppers
- 300 grams squash baked and mashed
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1/2 cup water warmed up, with a pinch of salt added
- 200 grams mushrooms sliced
- 350 grams tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 2 spoons oil
- 5 leaves of basil or sage to garnish
- 125 grams Mozzarella cheese torn into small pieces
- To make the dumplings, mix the mashed squash with the water, then add flour, spoon by spoon, until you get a soft dough. Cut it in peaces, then rol into 2cm thick sticks and cut the dumplings. Press eatery dumpling with a fork, to great the "gnocchi" effect.
- Put half of the dumplings in the freezer and use the other half to make the gratin.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms and add the tomatoes sauce, cooking on a low temperature for another 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the dumplings in boiling water for about 5-6 minutes, until all are floating.
- Drain the dumplings and add into the mushroom and tomato sauce.
- Transfer everything into a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Cook under the grill for 4-5 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Decorate with green leaves and serve at once, with a green salad of your choice.
- Skill Level: Beginner