http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/IMG_2219.jpg 2848 4272 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2014-02-16 17:13:282014-02-16 17:13:28Recipe of the month
Creme of Jerusalem Artichoke
By February 16, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
This humble root, extremely aromatic, is perfectly suitable for a classic soup, especially when served with chunky home made bread.
- 2 sppons favourite cooking oil
- 1 kg Jerusalem artichokes peeled and cubed
- 400 g onion peeled and diced
- 100 g potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1.5 liters vegetable stock or boiled water
- 150 ml pouring cream optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a soup pan, add the vegetables and sweat them for 15-20 minutes, on a medium heat.
- Add the stock or water and cook for another 25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Leave to cool, then wizz in a blender to reach the desired texture (perfectly creamy or a bit chunky). If too think, add some boiled water or stock.
- Put the soup back into the pan, add cream, if desired, and heat it up. Serve hot with chunky bread, seasoning to taste. Garnish the soup with your favourite oil.