http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/totcrud1.jpg 2736 3648 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2013-12-04 21:31:342013-12-04 21:31:34Recipe of the month - November
Good Roasted Veg
By December 4, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Well, it's that time of the year when a good roast will round up the day beautifully, whether it's a quiet evening, a Sunday lunch or a festive dinner.
- 7-8 medium potatoes Milva or Desiree scrubbed and cut in half
- 4 medium onions cut in half
- 4 carrots scrubbed and cut in chunks
- 3-4 parsnips peeled and cut in wedges
- 5-6 cloves garlic slightly crushed, with skin on
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary and thyme
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- salt and pepper freshly milled
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees, gas mark 6
- Put the oil into a roasting pan and heat up on the oven, while prepping the last veg, about 5 min
- Place the potatoes in the pan, season with salt and pepper, stir to cover with sizzling oil and cook for 30 minutes, turning once, half way.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, garlic, herbs and season slightly. Stir to cover with oil and put the pan back to oven, for another 30 minutes, turning once.
- The veg will turn golden, with a crust. Serve hot, with steamed greens, under a gravy sauce, if desired.
- Skill Level: Moderate