http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/IMG_2161.jpg 2848 4272 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2013-10-28 18:36:052013-10-28 19:18:59Festival Food Recipes
Savoury Stuffed Squash
By October 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Choose small round squash, such as Sweet Delicata or small Buttercup
- 100 g short grain rice
- 4 tomatoes can be tinned, and crushed
- 2 onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots cleaned and grated
- 2 sweet peppers finely grated. Optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sppons olive or sun flower oil
- Cut the lids of the quashes and scoop out the seeds and fibers.
- Lightly fry onions, with carrots and peppers (if using). Add peeled and chopped tomatoes, rice and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- Fill squashes with rice and veggie mix and cover with own lids
- Wrap each stuffed squash with kitchen foil and place in roasting pan, adding a bit of water to the pan, to avoid burning.
- Place in hot oven and cook for at least 1.5 hours. Check with a fork if rice is cooked and the flesh of the squash should be soft and fluffy. Enjoy hot, with a salad.