http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/IMG_2083.jpg 1504 2256 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2013-10-28 20:26:102013-10-31 23:15:32Festival Food Recipes
Squash & Rice Pudding
By October 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Use Onion Squash, as it has a most intense colour and will make your dessert vibrant
- 250 g squash flesh roasted first
- 1 pint milk
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g short grain white rice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- To peel the squash easy, cut it in wedges and roast for 30 minutes first. This will caramelise the sugars and will intensify colours and flavours
- Heat the milk to boiling point, add butter, rice and sugar and stir to melt/dissolve.
- Add the pureed flesh of roasted squash, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour mixture into an oven proof pan and put in a hot oven, at very low temperature (150 degrees C) for a good hour and a half. The pudding will be "runny". But as it cools off, the rice will swell and the consistency will be excellent.
- Enjoy hot or cold.