http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_2001.jpg 2848 4272 Tolhurst Organic http://www.tolhurstorganic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tolhurst_organic_logo-300x135.png Tolhurst Organic2013-08-06 08:53:362013-08-07 14:09:07Recipe of the Month - August
By August 6, 2013Published:
This delicious recipe, inspired by May Lan Jefford, is a quick pickling technique, and the pickle should be eaten within a few days while the cucumbers still retain their crunch and freshness.
- 4 small cucumbers or 2 large ones
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 pinches caster sugar
- 1 tsp chilli bean paste can be replaced by salt
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbspm rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- fresh chilli for garnishing
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Add the cucumbers and leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Divide the mixture between small bowls, garnish with the fresh chilli and serve with plain rice and stir-fried vegetables for a light but flavourful dinner.
3. You can also make a batch of pickled cucumber and decant into sterilised glass jars, then keep refrigerated for up to one week. Spoon some into a chicken or vegetable stir fry to add flavour.