How I wait for the new potatoes! And when I get them, I have quite a lot and not sure how to cook them, apart from the classic New Potato Salad. I discovered this recipe in the July issue of Country Living, by Sarah Raven, and think it is delicious! Would you like to share your ways of cooking with new potatoes?
Garlic and rosemary crushed potatoes
By June 20, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
Our new potatoes are picked the day before you get them and are so tender, you don't need to scrub them, just wash thoroughly.
- 1 head garlic Can use new garlic from our Box Scheme
- 1 kg new potatoes We offer white ones for earliest crops
- 50g g butter Can be replaced by olive oil
- 1 tablesppon rosemary Finely chopped
- grated hard cheese optional
- drizzle olive oil for additional drizzling
- 1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees (180 degrees fan oven), gas mark 6
- Put the head of garlic onto a piece of foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes until soft
- Meanwhile scrub the potatoes, then cook in salted water for 15 minutes, until tender
- Melt the butted in a small saucepan. Drain the potatoes and crush them roughly. Squeeze out the soft garlic from the cloves and ass it to the melted butter which the finally chopped rosemary.
- Toss the crushed potatoes in the garlic butter mixture and season well. Drizzle with olive oil. Place in an ovenproof dish and roast until golden brown and crisp on top. Scatter a layer of freshly grated cheese (if using) over the top before serving.