I really discovered vegetables and learned to cook when I gave up meat, 13 or so years ago. I never actually knew what to make with meat, but having to cook for a family of 3, only vegetarian, opened my eyes and taste buds.
I now cook most of our meals without a recipe, just following common sense of what goes well with what and of course – what we have in the veg bag.
By May 18, 2013Published:
- Yield: 24 Slices
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Fantastic snack when served cold, or a brilliant side dish, with your main course.
- 500 g Puff pastry
- 100 g Feta cheese Crumbled
- 20 g Pine nuts
- 750 g Spinach Large bunch, washed and diced
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4
- Grease baking tray 20cm x 30cm
- Roll out the pastry 3 mm think, rectangular and cut into 5-6 wide strips, 20 cm long
- Mix the spinach with feta cheese, pine-nuts and part of the bitten egg
- Divide mixture for every strip of pastry
- Brush pastry strips edges with a bitten egg, then stick edges together. Arrange on baking tray, leaving a bit of space between each pastry. Brush with leftover egg on top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the pastry has become golden and slightly open up.
- Cut in portion sizes and serve hot or cold.
- Skill Level: Beginner